Monday, October 20, 2008

An Evening To Celebrate

October 20 brought us a huge treat, a sort of assorted Punjabi dishes, among many things. It was a real experience. We were given a new life. After having our favourite dishes it turned the situation into a nostalgia. I missed my home in this four months first time. Reason. The good food. Siddhartha K G, with all his aspirations to be an administrator, threw us all a party tonight. A party that was full of camaraderie, mutual understanding because there were no heated exchanges this time. I had a horrible experience during one such gathering at our place, Jains Antariksa at Kodambakkam, when I, showing my friendliness, pulled down one of my friends half pant. Nothing would have happened if I had stopped after he warned me to stay away from such things. An aspirant, who could have made a best athlete or cricketer or could have done wonders had he adopted any sport as a profession chose to keep a low profile. Fruaght with the qualities of a good human being he did not demand to contribute to the enormous bill. It is important to tell those who visit this blog regularly why we went out this evening and had a feast. His sister gave birth to a lovely boy, who she thinks will do wonders like K G, at some point. I wonder some times what a child brings with him when he opens his eyes in this world. By no means unprecedented degree of happiness. no other height can match the altitude of the happiness due to a new arrival in any family. Series of rejoicing happens follwed by feasts. But for my friends it may have been only a chance to fill their stomach. I enjoyed it because K G's sister had a reason to rejoice. Our sister had a reason to be happy. But whatever my be the reason behind her happiness, our happiness, it was a time to party. An evening to celebrate.

No comments: