Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Wait Got Over

It's hardly belivable, but some people say that "to wait is much more harder experince than to taste death." Like many I also have to wait on a number of occasions. Be it waiting in a queue to get the carosene from the monthly quota or to acquire the railway reservation. Even I had to wait quite patiently for the vaccations to come. Those eagerly awaited holidays at last came with the end of our first semester. On the very same day on September 30, finally everything was going to be a fun. As most of us studying at the Asian College of Jurnalism embarked upon a journey that was poised to bring happiness. The happiness of being catching up with their friends and family. The happiness of being away from the daily bombardment of assignments. A few of them reached on the very same day and met up with their friends in theri hometowns. Thanks to the air traffic. Travelling by air is the most coveted and appreciable mode of transport as people can move from one point of the world to the other in hours and sometimes in minutes. But the journey that I took was trurning out to be a never ending travel that lasted for thirty hours. Thanks to the inconvenience of not being able to travel directly to Manmad junction because there is no direct train connecting Manmad to Chennai central or vice versa. Its a break journey, if my knowldge is right. I take a detour whenever I want to reach Malegaon via Manmad. Manmad is not more than a thirty minute road journey from Malegaon. But this time the thrity hours long travel was taking toll on me. It was getting on my nerve. I was craving to be with my friends and family. For those regular readers of this blog must be astonished why I was dying to get to my native plave this time. To discontinue the whodunit I must reveal the thing. It was Eid. nothing brings more happiness than celebrating the festivals one's family members. Whether it is Eid, Edi ul Adha, Dipawali, Dasehra or Holi or Christmas. I somehow managed to overcome the eagerness and reached to my place. Spent a happy adorable time with my friends and family. The one-week-long holiday ended without giving any prior intimation. unfortunnately this vaccation period was marred by uncertain circumstances. Only one week back a blast rocked the textile town killing at least six persons and injuring hundred others. to add to the woes after terror it was time to bear with the human sentimental attacks on humanity itself. the adjoining Dhule city witnessed a riot of worst of its kind. Till the time of writing this article the violent atmosphere has spill over to some interior parts of the district. While I was packing back for Chennai the surrounding was abuzz with baseless and unfounded rumours. The wind was lagging far behind and the rumour mills were churning the fastes travelling abstract thing unendingly. That also resulted in wrsening the situation. My holidays were over by then. Now i was very evry eager to get back to the Asain College of Jouranalism. My wait was over and I left Malegaon for Chennai in search of peace.

No comments: